Hi friends, I can't believe today is the last day of November! That means the holiday is full swing and tis’ the season for peppermint mochas, eggnog, and overeating. Not to mention longer to-do-lists, Christmas shopping, and holiday parties, which hardly leaves anytime to squeeze in a quick gym session! I struggle with getting everything checked off on my to-do-list, but this year I’m going to try extra hard to stay fit during the holidays. I'm no fitness guru which is why I need practical methods... Today I’m sharing 7 easy tips on how to stay fit during the holidays. I'm going to implement these simple tricks into my daily routine, and I hope you join me!
1. Prioritize Workouts: If I don’t go to the gym first thing in the morning, it gets harder and harder as the day goes on. Make the gym your FIRST priority, and it’ll eventually become a natural habit you won’t want to miss! Set everything you need in the morning out the night before, so there’s no excuse not to go.
2. Plan Ahead: If you’re like me it’s hard to stay accountable with yourself. Fix this by planning workouts with friends or scheduling classes in advance so you can’t skip.
3. Reward Yourself: It’s hard not to use dessert as a “reward” during the holidays, but instead of adding calories to your diet, why not reward yourself with some new workout swag. You guys know that I love Reebok and I recently picked up a pair of Reebok Sole Fury. They are so light and comfortable! Perfect for the gym or athleisure wear.
4. Working from home, or Online Shopping: It’s especially hard to stay fit during the holidays with a sedentary job. Try using a stand-up desk or a desk bike to remain active all day long! Taking a break once every hour to walk around the block will also keep the blood pumping.
5. Choose Your Treats Wisely: I am a total sweet tooth! That being said, I try and pick and choose which treats to indulge in. For example, I’ll omit sugary drinks but still have a piece of my favorite chocolate cake.
6. Get Moving (Out of the House): All I want to do in the winter is curl up next to the fire and watch holiday movies dressed in my cozy loungewear. That’s the more comfortable option, but to get my blood pumping I always feel better after a quick jog or long walk around my neighborhood, and it helps me stay more focused for the rest of my day! I love wearing my new Sole Fury - the base is cushiony and very comfortable for walking/running.
7. Athleisure Wear: You've heard the term "dress for success" and this applies to the world of fitness! Some of Reebok's stuff—like its best-selling high-rise leggings, sports bras, and Sole Fury —is clearly designed to be worn to a workout class but also looks like stuff you could wear anywhere. Definitely to the gym (perhaps over a more practical workout ensemble), but also to the grocery store, to a friend’s place, and shopping for Christmas trees and garland!
I can’t wait to start trying these simple tips that will ensure I stay fit during the holidays. I hope you find these tips helpful. I am wearing a size 7 (men) in Reebok Fury btw (they run true to size for me). These are unisex shoes so they also make the perfect Christmas gift for someone in your life.
SHOP REEBOK COLD WEATHER FAVES
Thanks to Reebok for sponsoring this post.
LAST WEEK'S GIVEAWAY WINNER: KELLY (see screenshot below)!! Email email@example.com to claim your prize!
THIS WEEK'S GIVEAWAY: $100 Cash Gift Card
11/30 to 12/7
Each blog post will have a question at the end, just leave a comment on any the blog posts to enter to win! Each comment = Entry. I will announce the winner next week!