It's no secret that I like big hats—but storing and organizing them is another story. Instead of piling my hat collection on top of each other in my closet or putting them on hat rack that takes up a ton of floor space, I decided to display and organize them with this super easy DIY hat wall display. Unlike other hat hooks that make a ton of holes in the wall, this only requires one nail. And not only is it a great hat organizer but it doubles as wall decor.
If the word DIY intimidates you—don't be. Trust me if I can make this so can you! I am so not a "Do It Yourself" gal usually but this project is really so quick, affordable, and simple. Hopefully, this will inspire you to display your hats properly. Remember to tag me on IG stories so I can share it with everyone!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
How to Create a Bedroom Sanctuary
My Boho Office Decor + 7 Tips for Design
SHOP MY OFFICE:
DIY Hat Rack / Hat Wall Display
1. Cut (if necessary) copper pipe to measure the wall space you have. Mine is 3 foot long. If you don't have the tools, I would suggest asking the guys at Home Depot to cut it for you!
2. At home, cut and tie 3 clotheslines rope evenly alone the pipe to hang your hats. Since my pipe is on the shorter side I opted for three hanging rope with different lengths.
4. Then measure and loop a piece of rope through the pipe to make a triangle.
5. Once you’re done, tie the ends of the rope that you loop through to create a triangle. Make sure it is even so one side doesn't have more weight and hang your rack on the wall. I used a nail.
6. Then start hanging your hats with the clothespins. I get asked a lot if that damages my hats and it hasn't. I wouldn't use hard clamps, clothespins are more gentle.
Take a pic and tag me (@gypsytan) on your IG/stories so I can reshare!
Clothes pin are gentle and won't damage your hats.
It turned out so well and I love that it doubles as decor and keeps my hats organized. Be sure to send your pics—I love sharing them on my Instagram stories! Happy DIY'ing!
SHOP MY HATS: